Tried out a different recipe since last time
-1 small head of cauliflower (or about 2-3 cups once riced) (make sure it is as dry as possible after processing it!)
-1/4 tsp sea salt
-1/2 tsp dried oregano
-1/2 tsp dried basil
-1 garlic clove minced or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
-1/4 cup parmesan cheese
-1 egg (or equivalent in egg whites)
(To be truly paleo, leave out the cheeses and sub another egg, 1 tbsp coconut flour, 3 tbsp nutritional yeast)
1. There is enough prep time in waiting for the cauliflower to process and dry that I’d wait a bit before preheating the oven. But eventually you’ll heat it to 425 degrees. And use a baking sheet or pizza stone or whatever you like to use for pizza.
2. Wash and dry the cauliflower (cut off the floret to use) and pulse in your food processor (or a blender) until puréed/powdery.
3. Microwave cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl for 5 minutes then allow to cool. (If trying the truly paleo version, skip this step)
4. Place pureed cauliflower on cheesecloth or paper towels over a bowl to catch liquid. After about 5 minutes give it a squeeze and repeat as needed until the puree is firm.
5. Combine remaining ingredient into the bowl with the purée and whisk/stir to combine (or use your hands!). Dough should be sticky
6. Spread dough into whatever pizza shape you’d like, keeping it from getting too thin, on a greased surface. Pack it tightly.
7. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
8. Add toppings of your choice and return to oven to finish as desired! Obviously leave off the smidge of mozzarella and parmesan as shown on mine if you’re going for full paleo. Enjoy!!
(The pizza is best eaten with a fork, just FYI!)