I owe a few posts about fabulous finds in Italy, but let’s start with a yummy dinner!
-1 1/2 lbs cubed butternut squash
-3 tbsp butter
-1 1/2 tsp dried thyme (or 1 tbsp fresh)
-1/2 a small onion, diced
-salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degreees. Halve spaghetti squash, scoop out seeds, and place face down on a foil-lined sheet with olive oil drizzled on foil. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
2. While spaghetti squash is baking, heat a pan over med-lo heat and add the butter. Whisking frequently, cook butter until browned (mmmm and smelling delicious!)
3. Pull off of heat and add in thyme, whisk to incorporate.
4. Put pan back on heat and add onions and butternut squash to the pan. Mix to coat, then spread out into a single layer and allow squash to cook untouched for several minutes or until it begins to brown. Once browned on the pan-side, stir the mixture, add salt and pepper, reduce heat to low, and cover pan with lid. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Once spaghetti squash is cooked, allow to sit for a few minutes. Then, using a fork, pull out squash mixture and put onto plates. Top with butternut squash mixture once finished. Enjoy!