Long time no post again! Life has been so crazy! But this recipe warranted a comeback from the blog abyss —- paleo samoas! I had another little Stella & Dot table at my gym’s monthly happy hour and as I always feel pressure (from myself) to outdo my previous treat each time, I had to come up with something epic. Thus was born the motivation for a paleo Samoa. I didn’t have time to try these out beforehand to make sure they were good so thankfully the recipe was a winner and they were a hit!
Here’s the recipe:
-2 cups shredded coconut
-1 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
-2 pinches of salt
-5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
-2 tbsp water
-4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
-1 cup shredded coconut
-1 tbsp maple syrup
-1 generous pinch of salt
-1 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
-dairy free chocolate chips for dipping bottom and drizzling on top
1. Blend coconut, walnuts, and salt in food processor into a fine meal.
2. Then blend in melted coconut oil. Roll dough out between 2 layers of wax paper until about 1/4” thick. Put in freezer to firm up (or if it’s 15 degrees outside like it was the night I made these, just stick them outside!), about 20 minutes.
3. Once firm, remove from freezer and use a round cookie cutter to cut your cookies. And use a knife to cut out the center circle. Makes about 24.
4. Dip bottom in melted chocolate.
1. Blend medjool dates with water in a food processor then add in coconut oil.
2. Add in sea salt, syrup, and carob powder.
3. Then blend in 1/2 cup dried coconut. Pat down a layer of this mixture on top of base cookie.
4. Melt chocolate and drizzle on cookies.
Store cookies in airtight container